A Couple of Screamers

peccary

These are my first builds in quite a while. I've been distracted pretending that I know how to use a machine lathe and pedals got pushed to the background.

My aunt reached out to me a few weeks back asking if I could build a couple of pedals for her: one for my uncle and the other for my cousin. She asked what they wanted and they asked for Tube Screamers so I obliged.

They are D&D fans, which is something I know zero about, but after doing a little research I found that the Green Dragon is the most powerful dragon in the D&D universe, so it seemed appropriate.

These are Madbean Green Bean boards. I built these stock with BC550C transistors. The artwork is AI generated using an app I got called Wonder and they were applied using no-film waterslides.

I have some gold aluminum knobs coming from LMS that should be here by the end of the week which I think will look pretty killer. The orange and black ones are just there for testing.

Edit to add: I also need to thank @SYLV9ST9R for keeping me from beating my head in to a pulp with some Illustrator basics that I spaced on after not using it a while. Thanks for being such a radical dude.

IMG_20221106_172006.jpg

IMG_20221106_172009.jpg

The added Bass is a Game Changer for me, I'm not a fan of the stock Screamer!
I did this mod around 6 years ago, Love it!
It came about after using a TS style pedal with a Fat switch!

The added Bass is a Game Changer for me, I'm not a fan of the stock Screamer!
I did this mod around 6 years ago, Love it!
It came about after using a TS style pedal with a Fat switch!

I'd never played a screamer before I finished the first one yesterday (I'm a bass player, gimme a break!) but the "Low" knob seems to be just as important as the "Drive" knob in dialing in a good sound. It's hard to imagine it not being there.

Back