AC Booster v2 (Aion Malacandra)

MichaelW

Threw this one together last night to replace the earlier one I sent to my brother. I really like this pedal, I really need to build one for myself.

He said his doesn't work anymore. I took a closer look at my build pics and I think I know what happened. I did not solder the BJT's but used sockets. (Actually, if/when he sends the broken one back to me, it will be mine after I repair it)

That just won't fly for a gigging musician. He probably plays 3 gigs a week.

So in the replacement pedal the trannies are all soldered directly to the board.

Also sending him a Zen Drive (Mayahana) and a BB Preamp (Aion Perelandra Deluxe).

Oh and yes, @jjjimi84, I got yer labels right here baby! And they're FUGLY AS SIN!

(My brother said he was in the middle of a gig and got confused with the knobs on the RC Booster I built for him hahahaha. So labels it is....)

IMG_3607.JPG

IMG_3608.JPG

Last edited:
You did it! I know a guy that would paint something for you if you don’t mind a little waiting!

Is that the prelandria from aion? That board as been in the cart for some time.
Yah, but if you're gonna grab it, get the "Deluxe". It's got the custom shop mods that are worth it.

You know, looking at that picture of the 3 pedals I sent to my brother this morning, it occurred to me they all have their roots in the TS.

But, none of them sound remotely like an 808. I just built the XB-MB Boost and added the extra clipping diodes to mimic the Perelandra Deluxe.
That one I'm keeping. I don't play my BB Pre very often but every time I pull it out I'm like "Crap this sounds good....."

If you don't like the labels you could try to koala no spray waterslide sheets. It's way less intensive than some labeling options and you can just print the things in black or color and adhere them to any smooth surface (unsure about the sand enclosures though). Small learning curve for placement. Takes very little time and all you need is the file you got in the build docs and a printer. Easy to get 3-4 pedals on a sheet.

I only put labels on these for my brother. For my own pedals I prefer the cleaner look of no labels. (And I like to keep myself guessing....hahaha)

If you don't like the labels you could try to koala no spray waterslide sheets. It's way less intensive than some labeling options and you can just print the things in black or color and adhere them to any smooth surface (unsure about the sand enclosures though). Small learning curve for placement. Takes very little time and all you need is the file you got in the build docs and a printer. Easy to get 3-4 pedals on a sheet.

Most interesting

Back