Acrobat Parametric Distortion

VanWhy

Build Rating
3.00 star(s)
Picked this one up the day it dropped and finally got around to finishing it. I had a PDF-2 at one point and really like it so I couldn't wait for this one.

This was tricky to get to fit properly. I got my rotary switch from Amazon so not sure if that was the issue because it seemed a bit large to fit through the hole in the PCB. Along with lining up the holes for the jacks. It took a bit of fanagling but got it.my recommendation is to manually measure the jack holes out and don't rely on the drill template. Because parts vary.

The distortion sounds good. I'm not sure if I did something wrong but rotary, freq, and height knobs seem much more subtle than I remember. There is still some filter sweeping but just very little. And the rotary switch is even more subtle. Probably something I did wrong. Also, like I have seen others mention, the expression does nothing in mine. I only tried it with my homemade 100k pot expression knob though.

The graphics are like my 2nd film free decal. It was a bitch to peel the top layer of film off so 2 edges got boofed. Other than that it came out fine. I do like how the splatter came out.

Overall, this did not come out great for me. You results will likely vary.

Attachments

• 20240629_154835.jpg
    20240629_154835.jpg
    674.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240629_154841.jpg
    20240629_154841.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240629_154903.jpg
    20240629_154903.jpg
    713.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240629_154916.jpg
    20240629_154916.jpg
    727.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240629_154932.jpg
    20240629_154932.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 26
Dang, that looks like it turned out great :)

Stone Deaf has their own proprietary expression pedals. My bud has the similar Warp Drive and he says the expression pedal was a waste of money.

I have the PCB on my workbench… but that fitment… it looks more tight than DEFX boards haha. There is not much room for error for the decal placement and drilling, I might bump it down the list because I want easy right now haha.

Last edited:
So does anybody have a grip on whats going on in their expression pedal? I've been staring into the factory schematic of the pdf1 and I'm not sure I can fully getting my head around it

Two things...

1) Make sure your expression jack is isolated from the enclosure. If it's not isolated the filter won't work properly. Even though it's an isolated jack the threaded ferrule can make contact with the enclosure if the hole isn't drilled large enough.

2) You need a dual-gang expression pedal. A standard expression won't work right. I'm working on an adapter so a standard expression can be used.

Last edited:
Two things...

1) Make sure your expression jack is isolated from the enclosure. If it's not isolated the filter won't work properly. Even though it's an isolated jack the threaded ferrule can make contact with the enclosure if the hole isn't drilled large enough.

2) You need a dual-gang expression pedal. A standard expression won't work right. I'm working on an adapter so a standard expression can be used.
I figured we were all jumping out ahead of the plan on that. Looking forward to it.

I should have mentioned, if the expression input jack is grounded it will affect the filter sweep even if nothing is plugged into the jack.

Back