(Aion) Ampeg Scrambler

finebyfine

I had been interested in the Scrambler since I started digging into Octave Fuzzes. When I turned it on and started fiddling with the knobs I was kind of unimpressed until I put it after an Ocelot (OC-2). Retains the low end great (unsurprisingly). Wired the boost as always on so it would fit in a pre-drilled Tayda 3-knob enclosure and because I don't see a reason to ever not have it on. Probably going to end up popping this one out of the enclosure and into the unenclosed board box eventually, but a fun lil weekend build regardless!

IMG_8690(7)85%-2564x2710.JPG

IMG_8691(5)85%-2569x2891.JPG

Nice one! I have a vero build from awhile back. It is a bit idiosyncratic, but I like it. I think it offers some unique sounds other full-wave rectifier octave fuzzes (e.g., blender, tone machine) don’t. Glad to see it’s getting more attention (especially with an added gain stage to recover volume).

Nice one! I have a vero build from awhile back. It is a bit idiosyncratic, but I like it. I think it offers some unique sounds other full-wave rectifier octave fuzzes (e.g., blender, tone machine) don’t. Glad to see it’s getting more attention (especially with an added gain stage to recover volume).

Definitely agree with you on the sounds. Closer to my conception of a distortion than a fuzz in some ways, I think next time I play it with that more in mind I’ll like it more

Back