SOLVED Aion Deimos (TB-2) Q2 Collector Voltage issue

dstahl

I can't figure out why voltage readings on q2 collector are so high. around 8.5 volts. I followed the schematics and verified there was a 47k resistor and 100k trim pot in line before q2 collector. And I verified the pins of my q3. I have 3 different russian transistors, but I double checked all the pin placement for B C E. And shouldn't the voltage for q2 c already be closer to the .15 Volts from the resistor and trim pot?
Anyway. this is a link to the documentation

Attachments

• IMG_4494.JPG
    IMG_4494.JPG
    488 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4493.JPG
    IMG_4493.JPG
    387.8 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: fig
Some solder joints look a bit wonky. I'd reflow them. Also make sure the transistors are well seated in the sockets. Those long legs look very unstable. What does it sound like?

After you get the pots sorted, you’ll want to make sure the transistor legs don’t touch each other, other components or the inside of the enclosure. You’ll also want to ensure the transistor cans obey the same rules. This will save you some trouble later. Good luck!

Ok. I eventually got some sound. As much as I thought I had all the transistor legs correct. Since each one was different, one had a different orientation than I believed. Once I got better voltage readings and some sound out of it, I realized pots were installed updside down :whistle:. Thank you everyone for your help

Back