REQUEST Aion Spectron & Quadratron

mdc

Hello!
Just curious if anyone's happened to put together drill templates for these projects? I'm about to put a Tayda order in, and I figured I'd ask the crowd before I went ahead and tried to suss it out myself.

Thanks in advance!

I haven't yet tested this (it only recently arrived) but this is my drill template for the Spectron:

(of course, adjust the LED holder holes & power jack holes as needed)

I'll report back if I run into any fitment issues!

Hello, I can confirm that all the potentiometers and switches are in the correct location. I just started on the offboard components today.

The hole for the DC jack is too small and I had to drill it a bit bigger, though.

Have fun with your build!

Hi, sorry for spamming up your thread. I just noticed an issue with the drill template I sent in my first reply.

I hadn't taken the screw posts into consideration and just copied the hole locations from Aion's template, so now my In and Out jacks will not fit.
I'd recommend moving the rear jack holes a little closer together.

Attachments

• photo_2022-09-22_13-12-43.jpg
    photo_2022-09-22_13-12-43.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: mdc
Hi, sorry for spamming up your thread. I just noticed an issue with the drill template I sent in my first reply.

I hadn't taken the screw posts into consideration and just copied the hole locations from Aion's template, so now my In and Out jacks will not fit.
I'd recommend moving the rear jack holes a little closer together.

Can you get a box jack to fit there?

Can you get a box jack to fit there?
That's my current plan. Between making the hole slightly larger (horizontally), filing away at the aluminum (but not too much to interfere with the screw post) and shaving down the side of the box jack I think I can make it fit.

Edit: Success!

Last edited:
I was just trying to put together these drill plans for myself and it looks like the AionFX docs are actually wrong for both of these. The layout on paper is fine (though a snug fit), but the dimension numbers are incorrect. You can see this visually if you look closely and compare the outer knob positions to the outer jack positions, but I also measured it with Inkscape. The top outer jacks should be at +/- 2.23" or 56.56mm and not 2.27". That would bring them in just a tiny bit more. I emailed AionFX to let him know and hopefully he'll update the docs.
Sorry for yet another double-post. I found even more issues with the rear jack hole locations in the drill template I posted, so I'd recommend not using them.

As for your drill template and the top jacks being too close to the end of the enclosure, you made a mistake when laying those out originally. The dimensions on the doc aren't listed for center of the face so you need to figure that out. They should be 10.1mm from the edge. The side dimension of a 1590XX is 33.7mm. So for the center of the holes to be 10.1mm from the edge the X position should be (33.7/2 - 10.1) or 6.75mm. In your template you originally had something larger, but it looks like you've since updated the template to both fix this and shift the top jacks in some.

Back