AionFX Lithium (EHX Small Clone)

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Catching up on some build reports.

Nothing exciting enough for a demo.

First up, from @music6000 's most favorite PCB vendor...... :ROFLMAO:, the AionFX Lithium.

Essentially another Small Clone clone but with a mix control.

The EHX Small Clone is my favorite chorus pedal and the MadBean Touchstone variant is my favorite of the ones I've built.

The Lithium interested me because of the mix control which blends the dry and modulated signals for more subtle chorus effects.

It works as advertised but somehow even with the mix full the chorus doesn't sound quite as rich and chewy as the MBP Touchstone.

So, nice pedal, sounds great. but probably going on the shelf.....heh.

I used an MN3007 for the BBD. At first blush it says it supports both 3007 or 3207. But upon closer reading apparently using a 3207 was never tested as of the publication of the build docs. It's like "it "should" work". So I decided to not be a guinea pig and just used a 3007.

The "Purple Fury" enclosure from SBP.

IMG_6218.JPG

IMG_6217.JPG

Ha! I agree though, there's a sweet edge to the MB version. Diggin the none-more-purple theme and realizing I still need to step up my solid wire game. Switch board or not you always make it look right.

What if you added an LPF to the dry signal, curbed the mids and highs so you get strong modulation sounds on the mids&highs, while retaining lows — would make for a great bass pedal!

Back