DEMO AionFX Polyphemus (Pigtronix Philosophers Tone) - Demo Added

This post contains an audio or video demo
Interesting, I just re-checked the build docs and it does not call for that ground to be connected.

[/URL]
Indeed... they forgot to add that.
I also looked at the wiring diagram some point (don't usually). I realized, when I was troubleshooting the board (couldn't believe this was what the pedal should sound like...) I realized the voltage coming off the charge pump was wrong, and then I found the charge pump wasn't grounded. Started tracing the grounds and then found that the power section was not grounding... was already contemplating wiring it to ground (thought it might just be a faulty board... that's when I realized there was a pad that seemed to read "power ground" :)
Aion should probably just make a note of this in the building doc.

the clean sounds good when the charge pump works.. you can pretty much dime the sustain knob without distorting with the blend on the 'wet' signal...
Now just to modify the overdrive part to sound a little smoother...

Indeed... they forgot to add that.
I also looked at the wiring diagram some point (don't usually). I realized, when I was troubleshooting the board (couldn't believe this was what the pedal should sound like...) I realized the voltage coming off the charge pump was wrong, and then I found the charge pump wasn't grounded. Started tracing the grounds and then found that the power section was not grounding... was already contemplating wiring it to ground (thought it might just be a faulty board... that's when I realized there was a pad that seemed to read "power ground" :)
Aion should probably just make a note of this in the building doc.

the clean sounds good when the charge pump works.. you can pretty much dime the sustain knob without distorting with the blend on the 'wet' signal...
Now just to modify the overdrive part to sound a little smoother...
Sweet, when I can find that pedal I'll add a ground wire and try it again. Thanks for the tip!

Right now all my gear is still buried in the garage of our new house. I'm slowly excavating:) Trying to get to my fishing gear first hahah!

Back