DEMO AionFX Spectron Build

This post contains an audio or video demo

PaulNYC

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
Hi folks,

here's pedal number three for me, an AionFX Spectron.

Like everyone else, The biggest issue is the back of the enclosure. I ended up filing the output jack to get it to fit. I also drilled for the DC jack, without measuring, what I had on hand, :oops: so now, I waiting on some washers for the DC jack.

I also jumper-ed pins 2 and 3 of the Color pot, and moved the external trigger to the input side.

I haven't figured out which direction is Moog for the filter switch. also, I haven't decided on which direction is which for the range switch is going CW high or low? Can someone inform me?

This pedal is like a whole new instrument. I am trying to understand how to use it with both bass and guitar.

Here's a video of me using it with Guitar. It is pretty interesting as well with my Aion Penumbra pedal, very synthy..

PXL_20240113_235945531.jpg
PXL_20240113_050909128.jpg

Last edited:
Like everyone else, The biggest issue is the back of the enclosure. I ended up filing the output jack to get it to fit.

I haven't figured out which direction is Moog for the filter switch. also, I haven't decided on which direction is which for the range switch is going CW high or low? Can someone inform me?

If you look at my build I ended up omitting one of the expression jacks and moved the output jack over one cause it was drilled too tight.

I answered in longer format in my post about the pedal but it's the up position for the moog filter sound.

If you look at my build I ended up omitting one of the expression jacks and moved the output jack over one cause it was drilled too tight.

I answered in longer format in my post about the pedal but it's the up position for the moog filter sound.
thanks

I got my washers, and plugged that DC jack hole!! I thought I'd share that the pedal draws less than 25mA.

Since I use a bunch of different guitars, I ordered a boosted splitter, so I can goose the external trigger.

PXL_20240115_014912701.jpg

PXL_20240115_015314185.jpg

Last edited:
I've finished one of these recently as well, and had the same problem with the directions of the rotary switches - I ended up checking it against the schematic and by ear. CW is low, and CCW is high.

I've finished one of these recently as well, and had the same problem with the directions of the rotary switches - I ended up checking it against the schematic and by ear. CW is low, and CCW is high.
Thanks, that supports my understanding, but I didn't trust myself.

Back