Ample Alpaca

Laundryroom David

Keyboard Cowboy 🤠
This one is a quick build and pretty damn satisfying. Enclosure is not done (Toronto weather is not conducive to … anything, really, but especially not finishing enclosures). I have a Yamaha CMOS overdrive and I was curious to check out the Alpaca. I tapped the go button, cranked the gain and was not floored. It sounded very, very good. But not particularly interesting. Then I dropped the dirt, raised the volume and let more of the high end through. This time I was floored. Articulate, responsive and very little noise (even at higher dirt levels). I‘m keeping this one around. It makes me think differently about how I use my guitar, and I really dig that.

4CBB5C03-8A14-4297-ADC7-5644ADD21FBE.jpeg 75325071-F6D9-4601-9E13-7B3A90836545.jpeg 67B15268-10F6-45B4-A873-AD6A839D8E2C.jpeg

I have yet to decipher the best way to use this pedal, but diming the gain isn’t doing it, heh. I might try your settings!

I have yet to decipher the best way to use this pedal, but diming the gain isn’t doing it, heh. I might try your settings!
It’s an odd one and yeah, diming the gain was just not going to work for me either lol. I was really surprised at how the whole character of the pedal changed at lower gain. Curious to hear whether you find the same or if I just lucked out in the component tolerance crapshoot that is pedal building.

It’s an odd one and yeah, diming the gain was just not going to work for me either lol. I was really surprised at how the whole character of the pedal changed at lower gain. Curious to hear whether you find the same or if I just lucked out in the component tolerance crapshoot that is pedal building.
Didn’t get a chance to play much today, washing and waxing cars today. I’ll check it out tomorrow at lower gain settings. Overall i find the pedal a bit too ”Woofy” for me. But could be i’m just using it wrong hahaha.

Back