Analogue Delay

SillyOctpuss

I have 3 MN3005s and nothing to put them in. I was saving two of them for the Madbean tap tempo delay but I don't think we'll see that now.

Is there an analogue delay on the site or plans for one in future?

giovanni

I second this. I’m not a huge fan of how the FV1 sounds and I love me analog delays (I own at least 4 of them) and I can never have enough. Having some advanced features like eq control, fx loop, input gain control, expression controls would really seal the deal. Should I just buy a Moogerfooger?!?

danfrank

I don't know if this is a forum faux pas but the best analog delay I've heard, and definitely the best as a diy PCB is the Lectric FX DC Echo. It takes 3 MN3005s and you can power it with a standard 9 volt supply. It's like a Deluxe Memory Man but better. WAY better. They are out of stock at the moment but keep checking back:

Dali

Lectric FX DC Echo. It takes 3 MN3005s and you can power it with a standard 9 volt supply. It's like a Deluxe Memory Man but better. WAY better. They are out of stock at the moment but keep checking back:

14 ICs, 8 trimpots! This is insane.

How long is the delay on this thing?

thewintersoldier

I don't know if this is a forum faux pas but the best analog delay I've heard, and definitely the best as a diy PCB is the Lectric FX DC Echo. It takes 3 MN3005s and you can power it with a standard 9 volt supply. It's like a Deluxe Memory Man but better. WAY better. They are out of stock at the moment but keep checking back:

I can vouch, I built one last year when they were first released and it is worth the price of admission. Fantastic delay and can't recommend it enough

danfrank

I talked to Lectric FX today and he told me that in 7-10 days they should have more DC Echo PCBs in stock. They've been ordered, he's just waiting for them to come in.

jcrhee

I looked up the MN3005 chip and they sell them on Small Bear for $21!!! :eek:
Any cheaper source?
maybe the Coolaudio or XVive remake version?

EDIT: Nevermind, the Small Bear version is the XVive repro version. Man, they are pricey.

Last edited:
I talked to Lectric FX today and he told me that in 7-10 days they should have more DC Echo PCBs in stock. They've been ordered, he's just waiting for them to come in.
He must be getting a bunch of emails from this board, I feel bad for bombarding him now, I emailed him the same question yesterday after reading it here. Guess I better keep checking so I don't miss them this time.

Betty Wont

Just thought I'd share how I set up my DC Echo in case its helpful to anyone else. I was going a little buggy going back and forth with the gain trimmers as described in the build docs trying to balance things out when I made a discovery. Gain1 and Gain2 determine when and if the feedback knob sends to circuit into runaway oscillations. Instead of using an audio probe and test points, I plugged in a guitar,
I set it to short mode, and turned the delay and feedback knobs all the way up. I adjusted Gain1 until it just started to runaway. Then switched it to long mode and did the same with Gain2. This gave me a perfect level balance across both modes and blend extremes. And it goes into runaway feedback in both modes only when the knob is all the way up.

SillyOctpuss

He must be getting a bunch of emails from this board, I feel bad for bombarding him now, I emailed him the same question yesterday after reading it here. Guess I better keep checking so I don't miss them this time.
I wouldn't feel bad. At least he knows a load of people want to buy his pcb. That's bound to be better than stocking something no one wants or buys.