Analogue Delay

Yeah I realized they are very different after some googling. I was looking at the V3205SD which is also 4096 stages and much cheaper, but I suspect lower voltage?

Just thought I'd share how I set up my DC Echo in case its helpful to anyone else. I was going a little buggy going back and forth with the gain trimmers as described in the build docs trying to balance things out when I made a discovery. Gain1 and Gain2 determine when and if the feedback knob sends to circuit into runaway oscillations. Instead of using an audio probe and test points, I plugged in a guitar,
I set it to short mode, and turned the delay and feedback knobs all the way up. I adjusted Gain1 until it just started to runaway. Then switched it to long mode and did the same with Gain2. This gave me a perfect level balance across both modes and blend extremes. And it goes into runaway feedback in both modes only when the knob is all the way up.
Another way thats pretty easy is to take equal voltage/level readings on pins 7 & 15 of the NE570/571 IC. Delay switch on "short" for gain 1 and delay switch on "long" for gain 2, of course with a 440-1000Hz signal into the input jack. This will make runaway feedback at around the 4 o'clock position on the feedback knob. The build docs have a pretty clear description on how to adjust everything.

Back