SOLVED Angry Andy Output level?

twbaucom

Hey y’all!

I just built an Angry Andy and it sounds absolutely killer except I have to just about dime the air control to get any top end at all and the overall level is just a hair under unity gain. I have checked continuity, reflowed solder and all of the usual steps.

Is it possible this circuit just doesn’t have a ton of level and I’m going crazy?

Hey y’all!

I just built an Angry Andy and it sounds absolutely killer except I have to just about dime the air control to get any top end at all and the overall level is just a hair under unity gain. I have checked continuity, reflowed solder and all of the usual steps.

Is it possible this circuit just doesn’t have a ton of level and I’m going crazy?
Is your R9 - 470 ohm Yellow, Purple, Black, Black, Brown, If not it's wrong.

Here is a Resistor Calculator, Click on Bands for 5 colours:
Check your 4k7 also :

Double checked components and they are all the correct values. IC voltages look good.

BUT…the LED clipping diodes do not light up when the circuit is engaged. I am going to reflow the switch and see if that little diode section is the issue. Could that be contributing to volume loss?

Double checked components and they are all the correct values. IC voltages look good.

BUT…the LED clipping diodes do not light up when the circuit is engaged. I am going to reflow the switch and see if that little diode section is the issue. Could that be contributing to volume loss?
What happens if the Toggle is in the middle Position???
Show a PICTURE of your PCB if you want to Troubleshoot!

Thanks! Here is a picture of the top and bottom of the board. The toggle currently doesn’t seem to have too much impact on volume regardless of position.

Attachments

• 05B53F2D-AC7F-4594-9395-5371FDDD8A60.jpeg
    05B53F2D-AC7F-4594-9395-5371FDDD8A60.jpeg
    371 KB · Views: 13
  • 9747E3F7-A55E-4C52-AE38-B7E5EDDDDDE8.jpeg
    9747E3F7-A55E-4C52-AE38-B7E5EDDDDDE8.jpeg
    341.4 KB · Views: 10
Thanks! Here is a picture of the top and bottom of the board. The toggle currently doesn’t seem to have too much impact on volume regardless of position.
Check for Continuity, With Toggle switch Down, Middle & Top pads should be connected.
With Toggle Up, Middle & Bottom pads should be connected.
In Middle position, No contact with Top or Bottom Pads!

I appreciate the clear toggle troubleshooting steps. Those will definitely come in handy.

I replaced that resistor and now I have MASSIVE amounts of output. Can’t thank you enough for the help! Lesson learned.

I appreciate the clear toggle troubleshooting steps. Those will definitely come in handy.

I replaced that resistor and now I have MASSIVE amounts of output. Can’t thank you enough for the help! Lesson learned.
When Troubleshooting on the Forum, Always supply a Good photo of PCB.
Footswitch & In & Out Jack connections if no sound!

Back