Another DIZZY ELK, man.

Fuzzonaut

Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, another fuzz pedal, man.

Built on a RAD PCB, that got sent to me over the pond by a very cool dude: @peccary !
As we both love that movie that ties the room together, there was only one way to go regarding graphics.

ELK.jpeg

I got some Beyschlag MBB-SMA 1% 0,6W resistors and Panasonic FC & Nichicon YX caps for this one.
Transistors are:
- 2x Mullard OC139, hFE 44 and 51, for Q1 and Q2
- GT404B, hFE 76 for Q3
And the GE diode, in sockets, is currently a Mullard OA81 with a whopping forward voltage of 1.08V.

ELK-g.jpeg

As the diode is magic, I recorded some of the things I tried, first correctly orientated, then the other way, always with everything dimed but the volume (expect at the very end, that's what happens dialing back Attack):
- 0:00 - 0:15 CV7049, fV 0.285
- 0:16 - 0:29 red LED
- 0:29 - 0:42 something I pulled from a (radio?) device called "Miranda Model 175", fV 0.748V
miranda.jpg
- 0:42 - 1:11 OA81, fV 1.08V
- 1:11 - 1:26 no diode

I love it!
Sounds amazing, nasty and unruly as it should, and it's great on bass ! (I don't bother with skinny strings).
What's in the pic is my favourite setting. Sustian backed up some, Balance dimed and Attack almost on full blast.

Thanks - to everybody involved in making this NPN Elk obnoxiuosly dizzy in a glorious way!

Fuzz on!

Back