Anthesis Fuzz

jhaneyzz

I know, I know, I finish building at 11:00 pm, play the pedal for 30 minutes and feel inspired/compelled to post a half-assed build report before watching Netflix until 2:00 am... so shoot me...

WOW... what a cool pedal...

Super... I mean crazy-super simple build. If it wasn't for the sourcing of germanium components thing, it would be a great first build for a novice because it just rewards you with so many cool sonic options.

But I have not even begun to tap the depths of this very intriguing circuit.

Base on the Catalinbread Karma Suture (Ge)it is a Hybrid Fuzz/OD that is going to take a while to get my head around, but MAN, am I looking forward to it.

I'd love to hear anyone's input/opinions on how to get cool sounds out of this.

LINK https://catalinbread.com/products/karma-suture-ge

close observers might notice the slightly redder hue of the marbles I am moving to using for Fuzz pedals. Amber = OD, Amber/REd (angry amber) for Fuzz, Cyan/Teal for modulation.

IMG_7273.jpg

IMG_7276.jpg

And... as I check the build doc, i quickly notice that I built the germanium version which omits D3. I tried it with and without and, as usual, I cant tell any difference whatsoever...

Aren't IN and OUT wires a bit too long ?

Why is there an outstanding white washer despite some very casual knobs ?

Oh, wait… white washer on the inside? Yes! I finally found a use for them… to lower the stomp switch height without the bother of actually messing with the bottom nut…

Curse you…
You won't regret this. Pacifier is really fun, you can find many possibilities if you try various transistors in Q1, Q2, Q3. Especially Q2. 2N2369A, with lower hfe, are interesting in there.

And there is a good secret mod for this build, from DGWVI and Chuck D. Bones :

Last edited:
Yes Robert, pull the plug.

With this kind of knobs and crazy wiring, despite the white washer, it's not sure that Mr Haney deserves a Pacifier yet. Moreover, someone will break in, and sabotage the soldering again. We all know it's probably Vigilante398, who lives nearby...

I also suspect this build report to be fake. No picture of the soldering side, no demo... I guess we have already seen that build a few years ago, on Madbean's forum ?

Be that as it may, the 3PDT wiring is very soothing, it's a relief to see these symetrical lines. A bit like in your "stars and stripes" flag.
This 3PDT remind us that there are still laws and order in this world. A lot of U.S. builders do it that way. It can be appreciated as a pleasant tribute to tradition and conservative values. It's almost patriotic.

However, the suspicious character from the artwork, with long wild hair, looks very much like an anarcho-communist to me : the red marble led and black wires don't help to shake that angry anti-american / anti-system feeling.

Last edited:
...but is it better than the magical Carcossa ? Than the amazing DOD FX76 ?

@Robert knew what he was doing when he created this forum..,

@Robert

I apologize for my naive and inappropriate comments last month...

Just wrapped up a Carcass build last night and in validation of our Gallic instigator's allusion, damn this thing is amazing...

<sound of clicking in background as jimbo adds Pacifier board to shopping cart>

@Robert

I apologize for my naive and inappropriate comments last month...

Just wrapped up a Carcass build last night and in validation of our Gallic instigator's allusion, damn this thing is amazing...

<sound of clicking in background as jimbo adds Pacifier board to shopping cart>
The Carcass is amazing. And fun. I love mine.

Back