Arachnid CTRL3 not working

eonz

Hey all!

So I'm just finishing up a Arachnid v2 build and am realizing that CTRL3 is not working...no response at all.
I've checked the the pot to be sure it was working and even swapped it out with another one to be sure and still no response, but everything else is working properly.

I've checked the FV-1 and I'm getting 3.3v on pins 6, 8 and 23 (CTRL1 and 2 are working as they should).

Any idea's where to look?

Thanks in advance :coffee:

Because pins 3 on the CTRL pots are 3.3v, does that mean that CTRL pins 2 are carrying voltage to the analog input pins of the FV-1?
I'm wondering if perhaps I maybe have sent to much voltage somehow to pin 22 on the FV-1 (CTRL3) and damaged it.

It's unlikely that a damaged EEPROM would cause one of the pots to stop working on more than one algorithm.

Check to see if the voltage changes on lug 2 of the CTRL3 pot when you turn the pot. It should go from near 0V at minimum to near 3.3V at maximum. Confirm that pin 22 of the FV-1 measures similar voltage to lug 2 of CTRL3.

It's unlikely that a damaged EEPROM would cause one of the pots to stop working on more than one algorithm.

Check to see if the voltage changes on lug 2 of the CTRL3 pot when you turn the pot. It should go from near 0V at minimum to near 3.3V at maximum. Confirm that pin 22 of the FV-1 measures similar voltage to lug 2 of CTRL3.
It's pretty strange.
I have another Arachnid I built a while back with the Octagon EEPROM, this is the same EEPROM I tested this current build with. I noticed that the fist algorithm (Shimmer verb) CTRL3 wasn't working as it usually did, so I popped it back into the original build and now the same results are happening with CTRL3. It's really as if something messed up on the EEPROM.

I measured 0v - 3.3v on lug 2 of CRTL3 as well as the pin on the FV-1 which gave the same measurements

Back
Top Bottom