SOLVED Arachnid floating ground

Buthter

Hey everyone!

I built an Arachnid recently (with a Modul8 chip). Worked great for a month or so, but then it started acting all sorts of wonky. The blend and volume work fine, but it sounds like the FV-1 is using its demo programs or something, and even then, they sound glitchy. I stuck a multimeter in some key points, and sure enough, most of the grounds within the PCB are reading at about -1.7V.

Pin 1 of the voltage regulator is at +1.7V and pin 2 is -1.7V. All of the grounds and V+ pins on the ICs reflect those voltages. When I disconnect power, though, my multimeter reads ~0 resistance between these -1.7V pins and chassis ground. I'm hoping someone more experienced than me can think of a simple cause and solution before I pull everything out. I can post a pic later when I get the chance.

If nothing else, would someone happen to have a picture of the back of the PCB so I can see where all the traces go?

Thanks!

Oh, and the DC jack + is reading 7.3, so 1.7 less than 9. Something is pulling the chassis ground up. I'll bite the bullet and pull the assembly out to see if that fixes it, then figure out what's touching.

Wiggling the PCB around fixed the grounding issue. I'm guessing something was making contact with the back of a pot or something. I also noticed that T0 on the FV-1 wasn't touching R5, so I reflowed the solder and all is good now. I'll mark this as resolved.

Back