ARACHNID - no wet signal

Fuzzonaut

My first FV-1 build --- and when turned on, I get the clean signal but no wet signal at all. What I can say so far:

- bypass, pilot light, Volume knob, Mix knob all work. I get signal on pin 1 of the FV1, but nothing on pin 28.
- I have 3.3V on: pins 6 and 8 of the FV1, on pin 8 of IC2 (Eeprom), on lug 3 of the 3 Control knobs and on the inner pin of the rotary.
- Connecting the 3.3V end of R5 to ground should get me the internal FV1 programms, as I understand it, but it doesn't.
- I did a continuity check on all 28 pins of the FV1, and they connect to "the outside".
- FV1 is from @fig, PCB and IC2 from here. IC6, crystal and 1N914 from Tayda.

Here are a few pics, it's still in the box ... anything else I could check before I take it out? I have an audio probe and a DMM.
Thanks.

ara-1.jpeg ara-2.jpeg ara-3.jpeg ara-4.jpeg ara-5.jpeg

The only other things that come to mind would be to solder the crystal in place, they're finnicky little things and it might not agree with the socketed pins... if that doesn't do it you might try reflowing solder to the FV-1 pins.

I assume the two caps in parallel are adding up to 15pF?

The only other things that come to mind would be to solder the crystal in place, they're finnicky little things and it might not agree with the socketed pins... if that doesn't do it you might try reflowing solder to the FV-1 pins.

I assume the two caps in parallel are adding up to 15pF?

Ok, I can solder in the crystal, it doesn't matter what way, right?

And yes, that's a 10pf and 5 pf.

Clean signal is perfectly fine, not distorted or anything, reacts to Volume and Mix as expected.

solder the crystal in place

didn't do it

.. if that doesn't do it you might try reflowing solder to the FV-1 pins.

no-oh-the-horror.gif

:) but ok then.

My first FV-1 build --- and when turned on, I get the clean signal but no wet signal at all. What I can say so far:

- bypass, pilot light, Volume knob, Mix knob all work. I get signal on pin 1 of the FV1, but nothing on pin 28.
- I have 3.3V on: pins 6 and 8 of the FV1, on pin 8 of IC2 (Eeprom), on lug 3 of the 3 Control knobs and on the inner pin of the rotary.
- Connecting the 3.3V end of R5 to ground should get me the internal FV1 programms, as I understand it, but it doesn't.
- I did a continuity check on all 28 pins of the FV1, and they connect to "the outside".
- FV1 is from @fig, PCB and IC2 from here. IC6, crystal and 1N914 from Tayda.

Here are a few pics, it's still in the box ... anything else I could check before I take it out? I have an audio probe and a DMM.
Thanks.

View attachment 31355View attachment 31356View attachment 31357View attachment 31358View attachment 31359
Thank you for pics!

Back