Are the repeats on the hydra dark? (Solved)

spilla

Just finished a hydra build. Everything works as expected, just the repeats are very dark, is this normal? I wasnt expecting digital type repeats but its darker than any of my analog delays. I actually love the sound of it currently, but just checking if i messed up somewhere.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Where is the Age knob set in that example? If I'm not mistaken, full CCW would be the brightest available repeats and I don't feel like the one I built has repeats that dark at that setting. More CW, yes.

Just finished a hydra build. Everything works as expected, just the repeats are very dark, is this normal? I wasnt expecting digital type repeats but its darker than any of my analog delays. I actually love the sound of it currently, but just checking if i messed up somewhere.

Edit: don't mind the ticking and noise.. that's coming from my echo base (it's not true bypass)

Soundclip - First bar is mix at 9oclock. Second bar mix is maxed (clockwise - with no dry). Only head 4 is engaged in both bars

Cheers!
Is this with the "age" knob turned fully clockwise? On mine, it gets more "aged" or darker the more clockwise you turn it.
At full Counter Clockwise it's "almost" pristine. Keeping in mind the Hydra is supposed to emulate a tape delay, while not directly a Binson Ecorec, it's got some inspiration from it.

Back