As Above, So Below. Deflectors at Full

Cybercow

After much ado about little and lots of procrastination, finally got some enclosures secured and finished for a few FV-1 projects. The first is this PedalPCB "Deflector Reverb" build. An awesome reverb that takes full advantage of the FV-1's two channels by feeding back one side into the other. So while this single-patch FV-1 circuit seems like a one-trick-pony, the vast expanse of reverb settings on this are amazing. A straight-forward build with no mods; just a beautiful 'Red Sparkle' color-drop-of-the-month enclosure from LMS. I think the red hardware sets things off nicely.

Deflector_Reverb_Done_01.jpg Deflector_Reverb_Done_02.jpg Deflector_Reverb_Gutshot_Done.jpg Deflector_Reverb_Tested.jpg

Thanks for looking. Happy building everyone!

I really like the Coca-cola vibes on this build. Have you built any of the other PPCB FV-1 reverbs?
Sure have. Over a dozen Arachnid platforms, two other Deflector builds, a couple of Binaura builds and in one-off custom rack-mount build (I'll never do it again) for a pro studio in LA. The custom rack-mount build is my flagship of "Stereophonic Gizmotronic Symphonic Harmonic Perambulator" constructs. It has four GuitarPCB "Mini-Me" chorus circuits and two PedalPCB "Pythagoras" builds with custom FV-1 patches created in the 'SpinCAD Designer' app.

TimeChamber_WhisperOfEchoes_Done.jpg Tri-Verb.jpg Binaura_Done_Front_00.jpg Binaura_Gutshot_Done.jpg

Rack_Dual_Case_Done_Front.jpg
Rack_Dual_Case_Done_Guts.jpg

Sure have. Over a dozen Arachnid platforms, two other Deflector builds, a couple of Binaura builds and in one-off custom rack-mount build (I'll never do it again) for a pro studio in LA. The custom rack-mount build is my flagship of "Stereophonic Gizmotronic Symphonic Harmonic Perambulator" constructs. It has four GuitarPCB "Mini-Me" chorus circuits and two PedalPCB "Pythagoras" builds with custom FV-1 patches created in the 'SpinCAD Designer' app.

View attachment 67950 View attachment 67951 View attachment 67952 View attachment 67953

View attachment 67948
View attachment 67949
Maybe you can tell me I’m crazy or it would work since you have a lot of FV1 experience-
I’m getting ready to dive in, and wondered how cool it would be to alternately bypass one of the parameter pots for a footswitch. Think infinite hold on a delay, or momentary toggle some modulation on to a delay, or ramp up a rotary etc.

And of course my craziest idea, pending getting one of my machinist friends to help me make a 2-axis expression pedal and program an fv1 based Hyperspace. Ahhh big dreams, eh?

Very nice build. It's one of my fave pedals. I'm a fan of the silly level of ambiance you can get with this beast. I'm not so much a fan of reverb as I am of THIS reverb.

Maybe you can tell me I’m crazy or it would work since you have a lot of FV1 experience-
I’m getting ready to dive in, and wondered how cool it would be to alternately bypass one of the parameter pots for a footswitch. Think infinite hold on a delay, or momentary toggle some modulation on to a delay, or ramp up a rotary etc.

And of course my craziest idea, pending getting one of my machinist friends to help me make a 2-axis expression pedal and program an fv1 based Hyperspace. Ahhh big dreams, eh?Yes
Yes, a stomp could replace one of the control pots. However, careful planning and design within the patch code(s) (either SpinCAD Designed or SpinASM) is required. A stomp switch in place of a control pot would simply toggle the +3.3V/Ground (or some value between +3.3V & Ground) to that pot's input pin on the FV-1; and as such, is likely NOT a good workable idea for a standard Arachnid, Pythagoras or other FV-1 build.

Doing some sort of 'freeze' or 'hold' requires a completely different approach at the code level for a patch to perform that function. Perhaps one could design a patch that thresholds a feedback/length or other parameter and use a stomp switch to jump directly to the max (+3.3V) on that pot to instantly achieve that threshold (max setting).

Last edited:

View attachment 67950 View attachment 67951 View attachment 67952 View attachment 67953

View attachment 67948
View attachment 67949
All of theses are beautiful.

View attachment 67948
View attachment 67949
the rack mount is incredible, long term I'm very interested in studio gear so this is good motivation for me.

Back