DEMO Australis (Greer-a-like content)

This post contains an audio or video demo

Grubb

After a few months of being crazy busy with work and family, it's been nice to get on the tools again and work on some projects just before Christmas.

I love the Greer overdrive circuits and have built a few different versions combining the Mach 1 and Southern Belle schematics from this website. My most recent build is essentially a Southern Belle but you can drop out the hard clipping and change a resistor value, getting you close to Mach 1 specs.

I reckon it came up pretty nice. Here are the obligatory photos:
IMG_20221222_143756_243.jpg
IMG_20221222_142555.jpg

Last edited:
What guitar were you using for the solo? I think it sounds great! Very amp-like.
I used my Fender Player Tele for all of the tracks. The rhythm parts were the Tele's middle position, through the low-gain mode of the Australis, into separate clean AC30 and Deluxe Reverb patches, using York Audio IRs for the cabinet sounds, and hard panned. The lead was the bridge pickup, with the hard-clipping enabled on the Australis and the same Deluxe Reverb patch as before.

I used my Fender Player Tele for all of the tracks. The rhythm parts were the Tele's middle position, through the low-gain mode of the Australis, into separate clean AC30 and Deluxe Reverb patches, using York Audio IRs for the cabinet sounds, and hard panned. The lead was the bridge pickup, with the hard-clipping enabled on the Australis and the same Deluxe Reverb patch as before.
I'm looking around for some new IR's to try, I've heard a lot of great things about York. Thinking about trying some of theirs.

I'm looking around for some new IR's to try, I've heard a lot of great things about York. Thinking about trying some of theirs.
I only have good things to say about them. I went from free IRs to York ones and my tone improved a lot. I have the Deluxe Reverb set, the AC30, a Friedman for hot Marshall tones, and a Mesa OS for the heavy stuff. Thinking of adding a Peavey 5150 cab to add a tighter sound than the Mesa.

I just purchased the Twin Reverb and the Creamback set. We'll see how those go, I may go back and grab the Deluxe Reverb set. Thanks!!!

Back