DEMO Sheepy Love "Speedy Sheep" (a szukalski project)

This post contains an audio or video demo

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Here's another one of @szukalski 's creations based on the Greer LightSpeed.

David sent me the Gerber's for this and I ordered some from JLCPCB.

Before going any further, I have some extras for the Speedy Sheep as well as a couple of Wise Sheep boards left for anyone that wants to get in on the Sheepy Love-Fest.

Just DM me and I'll be happy to pop em in the mail to you.

Anyway, the Speedy Sheep is basically a Mach 1/Lightspeed with an extra boost stage.

I opted to build mine with the boost on a toggle but you could also put it on a footswitch as well. Or in Dave's case, he built his with a fancy relay switch that activates both bypass and Boost modes on the same switch.

Since I already have 2 Mach 1 pedals in my collection, I thought I'd try something different by replacing 2 of the 5 1N914's with a pair of Ge diodes.
I'm really loving how my Southern Belle Ge (Greer Southland) sounds with the same mod.

Jury's out on how well it works on the Lightspeed circuit. I may go back in put the silicon clippers back in. I think I prefer how the original sounds with all silicon clippers.

Having said that, I'm also kinda digging the "Lightspeed Ge" with the gain cranked. There's a bit of fuzzy-ness to it with the compression and softer clipping of the Ge's. I once again used my all time favorite mojo Mullard CV7364 radial diodes.

I dunno, you tell me what you heard in the demo. Like I said, at some settings I prefer the stock clippings but in other settings I like the Ge.

I used a Tayda blue enclosure with the blue faceplates I ordered. I also ordered some more 3PDT boards that @szukalski laid out for me.
Except I goofed on filling out the JLCPCB order form and instead of getting 5 panels of 20ea. I actually ordered 5 each.....(duh......)

They look good in blue though hahaha.......

IMG_5855.jpeg

IMG_5860.JPG

IMG_5859.JPG

The demo also features the first appearance of my latest addition to the harem, my Epiphone ES 339. I'm still figuring out this guitar so it's a bit new to me.
My other Thinline is my Eastman which I'm very familiar with in terms of how to get the sounds I want out of it and how it plays and responds.

The Epi is still too new for me to be super comfortable with it. But I love it so far!

It still took a lot of convincing before Michael used it. I think it was stubbornness. I kept trying to force it on him, then when I gave up, he turned round and surprised me!

The colour scheme is almost perfect.. he must have run out of blue LEDs that day..

Back