Awful Waffle - No Bypass

D1chotomy

Hello,

I'm new here and this is my first Pedalpcb build. I just discovered this place! I've only put together kits in the past so this is my first build sourcing the parts on my own.

I get no bypass on this Awful Waffle. When I click it on, I get a bit of hum and if I wiggle the jacks, some crackling and sound to come through. Also, I seem to get nothing at all unless it's plugged in to DC power. I'm sure I've made some blatantly obvious rookie mistake, but I'm just not able to see it. Could I have a faulty switch? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

6ECACB44-2D95-4577-9825-3B4F249696DE.jpeg E2BCBE56-4F02-49FA-BF5E-655C1FEE76C6.jpeg D8E029E9-95DD-4FA2-B0DD-06DC4A1C5ABD.jpeg

Try soldering the left Blue GROUND wire to the Empty Centre Input Jack pad.
The white POWER lead is soldered to the wrong Power jack terminal (+ Battery)
Change to empty POWER jack terminal.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the reply. I just fixed that but it seems to yield similar results. I was wrong in my initial post though, as the power does not need to be plugged in to get the described results. The only sound I am able to get is when I click the switch on. Also, the LED never lights. It's not pictured but I had it connected earlier.

Is the Right output jack Tip terminal touching the corner of the Enclosure Circled ie Grounding
Also check the Left Jack Tip Circled
Check corrected Wiring below
Awful Waffle Fix.jpg

Last edited:
IT’S ALIVE!!! Hey, music6000, thanks for taking the time to help a novice out. You pointed out what I couldn’t see. I really appreciate it! ?? It's now mostly working but I need to find lower profile jacks, as these only work after some finessing and I don't trust they'll stay in place. Any recommendations?

IT’S ALIVE!!! Hey, music6000, thanks for taking the time to help a novice out. You pointed out what I couldn’t see. I really appreciate it! ?? It's now mostly working but I need to find lower profile jacks, as these only work after some finessing and I don't trust they'll stay in place. Any recommendations?

Lumberg mono jack:

Attachments

• 1587226598114.png
    1587226598114.png
    101 KB · Views: 2
for the audio jacks you are using, bend the tab for the audio connections so it comes out perpendicular to the power jack instead of at an angle. cut off and part of the wire that goes through the hole in the tabs toward the case.

and you can rotate the jacks in the sockets to try to give yourself a little bit more room between the wiring & tabs and the case.

and put some electric tape on the inside of the enclosure anywhere a part of the audio tab & wire might touch.

in the future, use the smaller jacks that music6000 linked to above.

zgrav, I hadn't thought of lining the inside of the enclosure with electrical tape. Great recommendations all around, I'm gonna do this until my new jacks come in! Thanks!

Back