Barry's Best Hookup Wire - No Longer Available?

Ginsly

Seems like this is a really well-liked wire, but I can't for the life of me figure out if it's even being made anymore. Anybody know?

I'm about to try to Weico pre-bond 24 from Tubes N More - wasn't crazy about the stuff I got from Small Bear. I think they've had problems with their supplier...

I got hooked on the stuff but he'd claim it was no longer available and it would show up on his site months later. I got tired of screwing around so switched to Stompboxparts pre-stripped in a few lengths and really like the stuff. They have every color under the rainbow as long as the rainbow is black.

I use wire from both and usually reorder when Barry's Best rises from the mist or when needed from SBP.

Try the stuff from Love My Switches
Yep I might do that - it's a much bigger roll than at Antique Elec Supply, and I always like to get at least a couple different colors... Looks like decent wire, though!
They have every color under the rainbow as long as the rainbow is black.
Ha! It'll be a minute till I have to order from Stompboxparts, but if I'm in need of black I'll keep that in mind! Ha...
I use wire from both and usually reorder when Barry's Best rises from the mist or when needed from SBP.
Gotcha. So no one's used the Weico from AES?

When it comes to Barry's best... why so sporadic? Is he hand-dipping it in silicone?? And what makes it so great?

I wonder how often it's available these days, if at all... Would be nice to try it.

Too bad about small bear changing suppliers. That's pretty much all I've ever used and I'm running out
They may have sorted it out by now, not sure. I'm pretty new to building, but I had noticed that the pre-bond wire tended to splay easily when inserted into pcb pads - I wrote them and they agreed there was a problem. To what degree, I'm not sure. Bummer!

I just got a bunch of the Weico from AES. I have been using the wire from Remington.

The wire from Remington is great except it’s not pre-bonded. I’ve always been a little nervous a stray strand is going to cause an issue but it’s never happened to me.

My very initial impressions of the Weico wire is that it’s the mutt’s nuts and I’ll likely stick with it.

Remington Wire is what I've used for the past 7-8 years. If you want pre-tinned you need to look at their Topcoat selection: Topcoat Wire

They offer kits of UL1007 and UL1015 in 24 and 22 AWG of 10 or 6 colors in 25 ft or 100 ft spools. It's no different than the Weico wire you'd get from AES/CE Distribution.

If you're an amp builder they also have RG188 coax for shielded runs. If you make pickups they sell magnet wire as well as 28 AWG shielded 2 and 4 conductor wire.

Remington Wire is what I've used for the past 7-8 years. If you want pre-tinned you need to look at their Topcoat selection: Topcoat Wire

They offer kits of UL1007 and UL1015 in 24 and 22 AWG of 10 or 6 colors in 25 ft or 100 ft spools. It's no different than the Weico wire you'd get from AES/CE Distribution.

If you're an amp builder they also have RG188 coax for shielded runs. If you make pickups they sell magnet wire as well as 28 AWG shielded 2 and 4 conductor wire.
That’s good to know. When I last ordered from Remington I didn’t know what was meant by top coat.

Back