BC550B or BC550C in Triangulum boost

Hi,
I have built 2 Triangulum boosts and is about to build my 3rd in a dual pedal and I saw that I have built the first 2 with BC550B (only one Tayda sells) instead of BC550C. They sound awesome but now I wonder what is the main diffrence between these 2 sound wise in this build? C is high gain and B is medium, But will I get more volume or so out ot the pedal if I order C instead?

I wouldn’t put a lot of stock of what I have to say on it because I’m have some similar questions on transistor substitutions. But from my very limited knowledge and understanding of this datasheet I think you are correct the Bc550c is a higher gain.. hope at least the datasheet helps if nothing else.

Attachments

• B79579A9-A76C-4603-865F-BD85E5FB8B71.png
    B79579A9-A76C-4603-865F-BD85E5FB8B71.png
    508.4 KB · Views: 7
Also I se that q2 is optional. I only have 1 BC550B left, can I leave q2 empty or must I put a jumper in there?
You can just leave Q2, R9, R10, D1,and D2 empty, the build doc says it doesn’t do anything. And they are all part of the same circuit leg fed off of Q2C maybe it was part of the latching circuit on the original Fortin 33. But doesn’t get utilized here.(would be kind of awesome to figure that out...really cool feature.)

I guess that means you could also recover the Q2 transistors from your earlier builds if you still have the pedals.

I put the BC550B in q1 as before and it sounds great:)
But now I am curious about ordering a BC550c and swapping to see if there is more volume:)

Back