Best alternative to Fuchs Plush Clean boost?

I want to replace a friend's lost Plush pedal. He favored it bc it "has the best low end boost" for his hagstrom ii and was one knob.

I guess the question is, which pedal in the inventory at pedalpcb would you suggest building to achieve a clean boost with great low end? Is the Micro-Addition the best choice considering it has both bass and treble eq? Is there a one knob solution?

Last edited:
I want to replace a friend's lost Plush pedal. He favored it bc it "has the best low end boost" for his hagstrom ii and was one knob.

I guess the question is, which pedal in the inventory at pedalpcb would you suggest building to achieve a clean boost with great low end? Is the Micro-Addition the best choice considering it has both bass and treble eq? Is there a one knob solution?
Replacing a lost pedal for a friend can be a thoughtful gesture. Based on your friend's preferences for a one-knob clean boost with great low end, I would suggest looking into the "Ruby" or "Zombie" circuits available at PedalPCB.

The Ruby circuit is a simple, one-knob boost with a Class A amplifier, providing a clean boost that can drive an amp or other pedals. It has a reputation for delivering a warm, transparent boost and could be an excellent choice for your friend's needs.

Alternatively, the Zombie circuit is a modified version of the Ruby, providing a similar boost but with a few additional options for shaping the tone. It features a low-cut filter to remove any unwanted bass frequencies and a high-cut filter for taming harsh high frequencies, which may be useful depending on your friend's playing style.

The Micro-Addition circuit you mentioned could also be a viable option, with its bass and treble EQ controls, allowing your friend to fine-tune the boost to their desired sound. However, it's worth noting that the added EQ controls may introduce some additional complexity, which your friend may or may not appreciate.

Back