BEST Caps

Travis

Wich type of caps are better for pedals and wich kind of wire is the BEST? (Awg 24 stranged is good option?)

Attachments

• p_3_5_0_3_3503-Condensador-poliester-100nF-100v-2A104J.jpg
    p_3_5_0_3_3503-Condensador-poliester-100nF-100v-2A104J.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 23763-large_default.jpg
    23763-large_default.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3
I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad box type capacitor, some have been out of spec but that was few and far between. I prefer the film type as they fit in the PCB better. The size of the greenies varies wildly depending on voltage and manufacture. So for fit and form I stick with film box. There really is no best.

As for wire, I like to use 22awg pre tinned. Solid for connections that aren’t likely to get stressed and stranded for places where it may need some flex.

I agree with Nostradoomus, go with the box film caps, that what the board designer intended for us to use. I've used all types of film caps on these boards and with some of them the lead spacing is wrong or they are too fat and crowd the components next to them.

I like a lighter gauge wire, 24 or 26 AWG, they are easier to route. I recommend getting as many colors are you can so you can color-code your connections. I don't like solid wire for off-board wiring because it breaks too easily when flexed. YMMV.

Wich type of caps are better for pedals and wich kind of wire is the BEST? (Awg 24 stranged is good option?)
I like the box caps best too... Just make sure the lead spacing is 5mm... and I use silicone wire...

Back