Best place in europe for boss pedal spare parts?

mzy12

Hey!

I have recently acquired an old (analog) boss CH-1 for a pretty good price. Only catch is that it was probably stored in a basement damp enough to pose a risk of tuberculosis. The circuitry is fine and it works great, but the screws on the hinge are rusted and the spring on the inside that allows the footswitch to be pushed back up is kinda corroded too. One of these two issues is making it feel pretty mushy to activate - I think it's the spring. Also the thumbscrew for the battery compartment has been replaced with a regular screw, but that's not really an issue for me, cos imagine powering a pedal with a battery ;)

The stuff I see when I google is a little too expensive - 6ish euro for a pair of screws and washers is, quite frankly, silly. Does anyone know of a better place to go for these parts?

Thanks!

Hey!

I have recently acquired an old (analog) boss CH-1 for a pretty good price. Only catch is that it was probably stored in a basement damp enough to pose a risk of tuberculosis. The circuitry is fine and it works great, but the screws on the hinge are rusted and the spring on the inside that allows the footswitch to be pushed back up is kinda corroded too. One of these two issues is making it feel pretty mushy to activate - I think it's the spring. Also the thumbscrew for the battery compartment has been replaced with a regular screw, but that's not really an issue for me, cos imagine powering a pedal with a battery ;)

The stuff I see when I google is a little too expensive - 6ish euro for a pair of screws and washers is, quite frankly, silly. Does anyone know of a better place to go for these parts?

Thanks!
Try writing to Boss and see what they say. I’ve had good luck in the past.

Back