Best series of articles / videos that can help a guy start out telling what he's actually doing by soldering these things together?

tegendemuur

Lots, if everyone, of you here seem to be knowing what they're doing. But, where should a guy start when he can tell components apart, but schematics remain alien alchemy? You know, just to learn what does what to a signal and how it all comes together? I mean, pure effect pedal stuff; stuff beyond that is for a later stage. I am at a point where I want to know what I'm doing. Google an Youtube searches are broken, and I seem to be wasting time on starting on stuff that goes straight above my head or doesn't inform at all through clumsy, longwinded jabbering. I would assume something's on here as well, but I might be using the wrongs search words...

I bought a breadboard early and did some of the beavis audio projects. Unfortunately i did learn a couple of those layouts aren’t quite right but having to figure that out helped.

Thats kind of how i learned to read schematics as well.

Breadboarding stuff is huge for getting the hang of the schematic reading and following signal path i feel like. Buddy has some good stuff over in the test kitchen area on the forums as well.

Excellent! Thanks for helping me on my way!

I already have breadboards and all the basic components for effect pedals, so I might get those out after finishing off my first PedalPCB kit. It took me a while to actually figure out how to start out with this type of stuff (build something I actually want), so when I walked into PedalPCB because of their Parentheses PCB, it all finally came together; there's three very basic circuits ready to be figured out here. :)

Back
Top Bottom