Board Mounted DC Jack Sourcing

digitalsea

Hi all,

I'm looking to streamline the wiring process and so want to board mount my power jacks.

All I can find are square / rectangular ones (https://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardware/dc-power/dc-power-jack-2-1mm-barrel-type-pcb-mount.html), but this creates a problem when drilling enclosures, as obviously my drill press only does round holes. This leaves the jack recessed in the enclosure and the hole required is oversized, so not really neat enough for what I'm after.

The obvious solution would be use a round one, but I cannot find one anywhere. Does this exist?

Cheers

Hi all,

I'm looking to streamline the wiring process and so want to board mount my power jacks.

All I can find are square / rectangular ones (https://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardware/dc-power/dc-power-jack-2-1mm-barrel-type-pcb-mount.html), but this creates a problem when drilling enclosures, as obviously my drill press only does round holes. This leaves the jack recessed in the enclosure and the hole required is oversized, so not really neat enough for what I'm after.

The obvious solution would be use a round one, but I cannot find one anywhere. Does this exist?

Cheers

I am pretty sure that the PedalPCB design has the jack sitting flush with the inside of the enclosure, allowing people to use a round hole (it just might have to be larger to allow the plug through the enclosure). My guess is that he went this route because square PCB mount DC jacks are the norm and PedalPCB seems to have his stuff together design-wise. If you're designing your own that would likely be the path of least resistance.

peccary has the right description for how the pedalpcb design is supposed to work. I have never seen a board mounted dc jack that was designed to fit a hole in an enclosure for a flush mount.

CUI Devices PJ-066A is a right angle panel and pcb mounted DC jack. Switchcraft 721RA is similar, as is Daier DC200W02. I do not know if any fit your application or the pedalpcb i/o module.

You could also try a mortise bit for drilling square holes.
1615144424254.jpeg

Last edited:
Back