Box and All (tone job) treble/mids issue

AROLB

hi there! first post here. been getting some nice help on this over at diystompboxes, in progress with it but want to see if there are any other ideas about a fix.

i've built a unit combining several circuits to incorporate a spring tank into a mixer setup. it has the Box and All board on the fx return – during the testing phase for some reason the whole treble & mids section aren't functioning, but the rest of the circuit is working well. here are the schematics
https://docs.pedalpcb.com/project/BoxAndAll-PedalPCB.pdf

my soldering has yet to be improved... so have taken in suggestion over at DIY to resolder R4, R5, R7, R8 and C3, C5, and C6. but still no improvement!

any ideas? it would appear that all the op-amp stages are currently functioning as signal passes all the way through, plus bass and volume are also active.

Just giving it one last shot in getting treble and mids working as well! below are photos with some rather messy under-heated solders, some of which has since been re-done as noted above.

many thanks!
rai

Attachments

• IMG_20230915_164821_HDR.jpeg
    IMG_20230915_164821_HDR.jpeg
    368.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20230915_165130_HDR.jpeg
    IMG_20230915_165130_HDR.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20230915_165212_HDR.jpeg
    IMG_20230915_165212_HDR.jpeg
    343 KB · Views: 23
I do yeh, did you want a measure of something?
Power to the pedal & with a DMM, set to DC Voltage & black probe to Ground at the top of the PCB & red probe to each pin & write down voltages on the 8 pins of each IC on a piece of paper.
It will tell you that you are getting correct power to the IC's (Opamps) ie Pin 8 around 9v, Pin 1 around 4.5v.

1697499607023.png

Few interesting things I've just tried.
Tried 9 & 18v- all good
If I put it first in my chain, nearly no range in the dials, in fact, in front of the amp(supercrush) in any combination of my pedals (ditto looper, 4cable noise gate (Guptech Mwac)) and I get nearly nothing.
If i put it in the loop, the range is exactly as I'd expect, very distinct between the ends of each dial. So I'm seeing it basically useless in front of the amp...at this point, which is fine but interesting.

Leg1-8
4.39v, 4.39, 4.39, 0, 4.39, 4.39, 4.39, 8v

Edit: clean channel on my supercrush with the box and all in front works with dial range, dirt channel does not. Not sure what to make of that, works with or without noise gate so that's not the problem.

Last edited:
Few interesting things I've just tried.
Tried 9 & 18v- all good
If I put it first in my chain, nearly no range in the dials, in fact, in front of the amp(supercrush) in any combination of my pedals (ditto looper, 4cable noise gate (Guptech Mwac)) and I get nearly nothing.
If i put it in the loop, the range is exactly as I'd expect, very distinct between the ends of each dial. So I'm seeing it basically useless in front of the amp...at this point, which is fine but interesting.

Leg1-8
4.39v, 4.39, 4.39, 0, 4.39, 4.39, 4.39, 8v

Edit: clean channel on my supercrush with the box and all in front works with dial range, dirt channel does not. Not sure what to make of that, works with our without noise gate so that's not the problem.
Mark it as SOLVED by going into your first message posted & click edit and there should be an icon on the left with the option.

Back