Buffered bypass that includes a "tails" switch

BassVD

Maybe there is already something out there that does this, but I think that it would be very neat for delay/reverb pedals to have a switch to turn on/off the tails. Could this be included in a module to add in pedals?

I've used these from FuzzDog in a few PT2399 builds, would *love* to be able to source something similar from PPCB!

I found that one. But that one only works with PT2399 builds. I have a DIY Death By Audio Reverberation Machine which I absolutely love, and I want to incorporate a tails switch. So it'd be awesome if there's something out there that one can easily add into a build.

I found that one. But that one only works with PT2399 builds. I have a DIY Death By Audio Reverberation Machine which I absolutely love, and I want to incorporate a tails switch. So it'd be awesome if there's something out there that one can easily add into a build.
Looking at the schematic for the FuzzDog Verb engine, you could probably replace C4 with the “tails” PCB.

yeah that one’s tricky, since it’s reverb INTO fuzz, so how think about how would you want the tails to work. Normally, on bypass with tails, the signal still passes through the pedal, but the input of the delay or reverb is muted. Since the dry path of most delay pedals is clean (just goes through op amps), this works fine as a bypass signal. In this case the dry (non-reverb path) goes through fuzz, so this method wouldn’t work. You could probably do something cool depending what you want (like have one stomp kill the reverb with tails, with fuzz still on, and then another stomp switch to true bypass the entire pedal.

like have one stomp kill the reverb with tails, with fuzz still on, and then another stomp switch to true bypass the entire pedal.
This FuzzDog board would do exactly that!

Back