Intelligent Relay Bypass Module toggle switch mod for Momentary and Latching modes

anevilspar7an

I have read somewhere on this forum that I can add an SPDT Toggle switch to the Intelligent Relay Bypass Module to have Momentary and Latching options without using the mode change function. My goal is to essentially build a custom 2 button foot switch for a bandmate that functions like a boss fs-6/fs-7. Any help is appreciated as I have never dabbled in Arduino based functions and code.

Just so I understand... You don't want the hybrid functionality (tap for latching, hold for momentary), you want to manually select between latching/momentary modes?

Just so I understand... You don't want the hybrid functionality (tap for latching, hold for momentary), you want to manually select between latching/momentary modes?
Correct, I remember reading that one of the pins of the ATtiny goes to the center lug on the SPDT and one of the other lugs on the switch goes to ground. I wasn't able to glean enough info to do it myself.

Last edited:
You could use the spdt switch to basically bypass the relay and use the spst footswitch itself for momentary. The intelligent relay would have the momentary feature if you were to hold the switch when the relay is in-circuit, so one of the basic relay boards that don’t have the momentary behavior would be a better choice.

You could use the spdt switch to basically bypass the relay and use the spst footswitch itself for momentary. The intelligent relay would have the momentary feature if you were to hold the switch when the relay is in-circuit, so one of the basic relay boards that don’t have the momentary behavior would be a better choice.
So the Basic Latching Relay Board would be best then? Sounds easy enough now that I think about it, I just figured I would ask about the Intelligent Relay Bypass since I have four of these boards for a combo build that never happened. I appreciate you giving me another option dude.

Back