Bullrush Overdrive Oscillation

flippy69

Hello, I am building a Bullrush overdrive and I seem to be getting oscillation that only goes away when the gain or level are less than 11 o clock. I changed the routing of the input wire to footswitch and that seemed to help but its still a problem. I have built more than my share of overdrive pedals from this site and have never experienced this. I will point out that nderneath the oscillation, I can hear some good tone potential so I know I'm not too far away from where I want to be. Here is a pic if that helps. Thanks in advance! IMG_4440(1).jpg

The Input Jack Ground wire on the PCB looks Fryed.
Using Led as clippers instead of 1N4148 is also given it more output
Checked to make sure your Resistor values are Correct with this :

The Input Jack Ground wire on the PCB looks Fryed.
Using Led as clippers instead of 1N4148 is also given it more output
Checked to make sure your Resistor values are Correct with this :
All resistor vales are where they need to be, the grounding wire is a little fryed but looks worse than it is, I checked that. All grounding is good. This is really unfortunate because I can hear some good tones coming from this.

Maybe try shielded cable on the input. Did you move your input jack around outside the box to see if that helps? I’ve found that having the input jack on the side is good for some circuits (Looking at you, ticking Phase II)

Last edited:
Hey another Tube Screamer!
Try moving the input and output wires as far away from the board as possible, run them along the sides of the case.
The box is bare metal inside, right?
Does it oscillate when powered by a battery?

Back