Caesar (julia ) shape switch

Keith

The pedal works as expected and every knob has a big sweep however the shape toggle switch does literally nothing.. I used a 220uf electrolytic however its only rated for 6.3 volts and I plan on swapping it out .. Could that cap be the issue not supplying enough volts?

From what I understand, the voltage rating of the caps is something like the maximum voltage it can handle. Since the Julia works with 9V (someone please correct me here if i am wrong) you might have just broken the cap. I remember reading higher rated caps are less likely to break so I mostly use 25V rated caps, sometimes 16V if i don't have anything else on hand. Try using a 16V or 25V cap and it will hopefully work :)

I have some in the mail but I had this one on hand and really wanted to see if the circuit worked.. I will swap it and update if it is fixed or not.. Thank you

Definitely get that 6.3V capacitor out of there.

The shape toggle is subtle and dependent on the forward voltage drop of the two 3mm red LEDs in the top right corner of the board. Lower forward voltage is better in this case.

I got a much more rounded sine shape by replacing those LEDs with 2.2uF MLCC capacitors.

So I swapped 220uf to a 16volt cap and still have no change with the switch flipped either way, but the effects sound great on every knob and they all have a wide sweep range . No noises or oscillations.. I did notice when I flip the sweep swith the red leds turn off.

Back