Can't remove back of enclosure?

megatrav

I built a Timmy/Tommy for a buddy of mine and its having some intermittent issues. He gave it back to me and I cannot get the back to come off of it! Anyone have any tips that would help and also not have me destroy the back of the enclosure?

Is it glued shut?
I don't think so. When I first got this enclosure, I remember it being on there really right. Almost like Tayda made the inside lip too close to the edge? I have tried grabbing the corners, wedging a screwdriver and nothing so far

have you tried a small screwdriver into one of the screw holes and popping it that way
yes I have and I only managed to chip the paint inside. I may keep trying this but it is seriously so tight that I'm worried about breaking my screwdriver

heat the edges the heat should cause the metal to expand... do at your own risk though or maybe first freeze it and see if you can get it to shrink?

heat the edges the heat should cause the metal to expand... do at your own risk though or maybe first freeze it and see if you can get it to shrink?
This might sound silly.. but is it safe to put it in the freezer? I am thinking about drilling a hole in the back of the plate and using a hook to pull it off. Its made me mad now and I WILL beat this enclosure

sometimes this happens to me with Tayda enclosures

I've been able to stick my tweezers under there and pry it up after a few tries

Was it powder coated? I’ve had a similar problem with their powder coated enclosures before. The coating is so thick it makes the back way to tight. I just wedged a flathead screwdriver in and twisted it until it loosened. It got a little scratched but so be it.

If you want to keep it from happening again you can sand down the powder coat inside the pedal or around the lip on the baseplate.

Back