Captain Bit Kit

JohnnyATRG

Soo, yesterday I assembled this Captain Bit Kit from Musikding.

The bypass works fine, but once u turn on the pedal, the signal gets a LOT quieter, heavily distortet and sputtery... Sounds like a fuzz..
I dont know what I did wrong.. I hope somebody can help me here :)

A few things that might look weird:

I hooked the diodes up to a switch via the orange cables for later mods. As of now its true to the original circuit.

The red and black cables are for the LED which i havent connected yet cuz i dont know where i want to put it. (dont think that makes a difference)

Ignore the X-Wing switches, they are meant for mods, which arent connected yet.

The yellow cable from the Power Supply is for the other LEDs that are needed for the mods..ignore that aswell.

Yes, the output cable is connected via the black alligator cable. I checked that, and its working.

I hope that the pictures are of use to you. inbound2414601845230577170.jpg inbound7542649153280714688.jpg

Set Filter at noon.

Turn the Up, Down, Base, and Sub controls all the way down. There should be no output at this point.

Now turn up just the Up control and see what it sounds like. Turn it back down and repeat for the Down, Base, and Sub controls.

Do they all have the same sputtery sound with low volume?

Set Filter at noon.

Turn the Up, Down, Base, and Sub controls all the way down. There should be no output at this point.

Now turn up just the Up control and see what it sounds like. Turn it back down and repeat for the Down, Base, and Sub controls.

Do they all have the same sputtery sound with low volume?

Sorry for the late reply..

So weirdly enough i still get that fuzzy sound even with the BASE, SUB, DOWN and UP turned all the way off..... Turning up the BASE adds a little more mid sizzle, turning up the UP adds a little more high end sizzle... SUB and DOWN dont seem to make a lot of difference at all...

And yeah, no change in volume or anything..

Back