Catalinbread entering DIY market?

OK, nothing exotic then.

Thanks!
Not at all. The 2n5088 we all have tons of. The metal 2n2907 is a little harder to find, but not bad at all I was lucky to find an eBay seller who had surplus NOS that I know is legit seller and is only a few miles from me. I know they aren’t going to be a huge change in tone from what’s on the Ermagherd build sheet, but figured the slightly higher gain may be fun as long as they don’t sound too gated. Velcro good… Frogger “splat!” bad!!

Ah yes I see. I was wondering how they would be able to drop the whole lot in the case with side jacks, but there you go.

Keeley does it, and I believe the newer Catalinbread stuff does as well.

The PCB sits upside down in the enclosure (when you take off the lid you're looking at the solder side of the PCB) and they use long pin pots and toggle switches.

I hate wiring so much that I went through all this trouble to avoid it for a run of only 10 pedals.

Keeley does it, and I believe the newer Catalinbread stuff does as well.

The PCB sits upside down in the enclosure (when you take off the lid you're looking at the solder side of the PCB) and they use long pin pots and toggle switches.
Annoying they went with wires for the DIY kit but use long-pin pots on their own pedals. Saves them maybe one or two cents per pot to go with solder lug?

Wiring sucks.
I agree. This is why I almost exclusively use PPCB boards now, use the breakout board for the switch, use ribbon cables between switch and main board and (4) 2.25” precut wires for grounds and power, and (2) 4.5” precut wires for breakout board to jacks. Offboard wiring to a minimum

Back