CepheidChorus

Crash102

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Built this one start to finish last night. My trouble shoot pile is getting uncomfortably large so I slowed things down and double and triple checked every single component before soldering. Made for slow work.

But, it worked the first time minus a couple of bogus MN3207 chips. I’ve found that about half of the batch off I got from eBay work. And being that it was 2am, I simply moved the two IC’s from my Caesar Chorus just to see if the pedal worked as intended. And it did. Which is always a relief.

I’ve been experimenting with alcohol inks and no film decals/foil, but this is the first time I’ve used gold. Might have gone overboard a bit, but the foil really pops if you look at it from different angles.

All in all, a fun project even if it did keep me up well into the AM. FFB86E5F-C4F4-4F6E-BC20-3CDAE63DD157.jpeg 7A769381-1367-4228-8D8B-EE9D9398C26B.jpeg

As long as it works, count it done!

How did you do that foil? That looks really cool!
It’s very similar to the no film process posted on the forum but with an added step.

Instead of reversing the image, it gets printed on a blue card like paper. The I put the foil on top of the printed area. Then send it through a laminator a couple of times. The I peel off the foil sheet leaving behind only the printed areas with foil.

The you put the filmless decal and the blue paper facing towards one another and laminate that. The get the blue paper wet like a temp tatto and it leaves the printed foil decal on the filmless decal. And then follow the normal steps from three.

I honestly messed up the first 5 or so decal/foil attempts when I first started using them, but I’ve got it down pat now.

I just like that it allows me to print on dark enclosures. They even have white foil sheets that simply show up at white print.

How do the Caesar and Cepheid differ? (Aside from the controls I mean). Awesome looking build!!
I’m going to have to wait until I get off work to really test it out. It was so late that I simply ensured that it worked and then forced myself to go to bed so that I wouldn’t end up playing for another few hours.

But I believe the ceasar has more modulation. And can get weirder. But i find that I don’t usually use those more out there sounds. So I guess it’s all in what you want.

Back