Chalumeau

fontoponto

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
The chalumeau of the guitar world.

I made an attempt to make the pedal switchable without the fuzz. I was only partially successful. I may have to solder a pull-down resistor to the input, I think I read about it somewhere.
Pin 1 and 8 of LM386 have been bent up/broken off and are connected via a switch. When the fuzz is on it’s adjustable by potentiometer "Gain" between Pin 1 and 8.

The supplied LED that was supplied in my kit was somehow not bright enough to make the effect really wobbly. I then installed sockets and after some tinkering I finally ended up with an LCR0203 optocoupler.

"Octobeer" is a reference to the Oktoberfest after I went there two weeks ago with my daughter. It was a visit without a single beer and the craving for one as well as the drunken sound of the pedal made me come up with this beautiful name.
Unfortunately, I only realized at the end that I didn’t delete the drill marking on the illuminated beer mug.... The LED needs to be attached more professionally somehow.
And I still want to order yellow knobs.

Nice pedal. At that price you get a simple fuzz with delay and the possibility of sounding drunk.

IMG_8674.jpeg
IMG_8673.jpeg

Last edited:
Back