Clandestine Preamp

182julien44

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I liked the process of building this pedal, it is a very simple circuit, it was fun to make. It was easy to bias, there is a thread that explain it all!

Tone wise, I’m not really liking it. I think that it lacks volume, the toggle isn’t really changing anything. Also, the volume knob works interestingly to say the least. After about 3 o'clock clockwise, it starts to get lower.

PXL_20240118_194255323.jpg
I haven’t tried it in a cranked amp yet, maybe my opinion will change but, yeah, I’m going to sell it. I am happier with a Katana boost or an EQ pedal.

For the Graphics, again, I’m not sure. I like them but I think it would need some refining, especially with that enclosure.

PXL_20240118_192814890.jpg

Honestly, it was really fun to build, but that pedal isn’t for me.

Gorgeous! Love how you colored in the volume sweep.

And it's barely a boost pedal, it's much more of a subtle tone conditioner. And the volume getting lower after 3 is normal, I think it's the same as the original EP-3 it's based on.

I love mine, as do most Jimmy Page and EVH fans. But I wouldn't expect most people to like it nearly as much if they aren't fans.

Gorgeous! Love how you colored in the volume sweep.

And it's barely a boost pedal, it's much more of a subtle tone conditioner. And the volume getting lower after 3 is normal, I think it's the same as the original EP-3 it's based on.

I love mine, as do most Jimmy Page and EVH fans. But I wouldn't expect most people to like it nearly as much if they aren't fans.
Thank you!

Maybe I need to plug into my Marshall. I'm going to try it again!

Back