Clone comparison

Markus Kersius

In the past year I've build a pedalpcb Pyrocumulus, Mach1, Duocast and expecting the Shrapnel next week.
Still want the Southern belle too, but not available yet at musikding.
(I'm in the Netherlands so Klaus is my go to for Pedalpcb products)
Here's the thing:

I had a thorpy Fallout Cloud, was curious to know if the pedalpcb pyrocumulus would be anything like the original.
Build it, compared them, liked the Pyrocumulus better, sold the thorpy..

Build the Mach 1.. I have 2 lightspeeds, an old first version and a new reverse daphne one.
The lightspeeds have no trouble accepting their stepbrother.
Same sound and feel.
Kept them all 3 'cause the lightspeed sound became the cornerstone low drive in my setup, and you can't have enough of a good thing.

Build the Duocast.. don't have a original broadcast dual but a friend does.
Compared them together.
He looked at me in disbelief and liked the Duocast better, because of the voltage switch and smoother, higher gain sound in mine.
(I use a AC188 in it)
Left there feeling pretty smug. 🙃

Now, I have torpy gunshot v1 (big box) for a long time and as soon as I read pedalpcb was busy having his version coming out I've been waiting anxiously for it to get one to get comparing.
Next week!

I also had a October 2014 greer southland (first batch) and you can find it here in the "mach 1 more gain" thread.
Just some gutshot to help verify it to get the Ppcb treatment.
Sold the original one unfortunately but got a good deal on it cashing in on some profit and knowing it ended up with a great guitarist who's using it live on TV shows, with other known artist over here etc.
But... missing the sound.
Hoping to get one soon, and knowing it'll be just as, maybe even greater then the original.

So:

Sound familiar?
Any of you did comparisons like this and maybe even sold the original?

Back