Collateral FX Golden Ratio (Electra Distortion content)

Sure thing! I use a 100pf between input and ground, 2M2 pull-down resistor, a 100r in series with the +9v and a log pot
Took me a while but I finally got round to breadboarding this. What a lovely little circuit! Thanks again for the schematic.

Used a 2N2218A (~100hFE) and it gives a nice warm, meaty growl! Tried a 2N2222 but it was double the gain and just too refined. Ended up using 2M instead of 2M2 but it didn't mind..

Now I need to try and squeeze it into a 1590A like you did! (I lie, I hate enclosure work in those small buggers!)

Took me a while but I finally got round to breadboarding this. What a lovely little circuit! Thanks again for the schematic.

Used a 2N2218A (~100hFE) and it gives a nice warm, meaty growl! Tried a 2N2222 but it was double the gain and just too refined. Ended up using 2M instead of 2M2 but it didn't mind..

Now I need to try and squeeze it into a 1590A like you did! (I lie, I hate enclosure work in those small buggers!)
Awesome! I got to try this with a lower hfe transistor do check it out! And I also hate working with small enclosures 🥲)

LOVE the Golden Ratio — both your build and the GR concept.

I've been trying to use the GR in my pedal art (what pedal art? Okay, I've thought of using the GR in pedal art).

I love-hate squeezing things into enclosures wayyyy too small for the circuit. I'm a masochist, I guess.

Mathmagic Land is where I first discovered the GR:

LOVE the Golden Ratio — both your build and the GR concept.

I've been trying to use the GR in my pedal art (what pedal art? Okay, I've thought of using the GR in pedal art).

I love-hate squeezing things into enclosures wayyyy too small for the circuit. I'm a masochist, I guess.

Mathmagic Land is where I first discovered the GR:

Thanks a lot man! It's a great concept and I had lots of ideas for its execution, but I'm very pleased with the way it came out. BTW, this is how it sounds!

Back