COLORWHEEL (Arachnid)

SYLV9ST9R

This is my take on the Arachnid platform, with the addition of the clock module.
I loaded it pretty straight forward with Chorus; Tremolo; Harmonic Tremolo; Ring Modulator; and Dual Pitch Shifter, + some DLY/REV (Hypernova Reverb; Digital Delay; Kaleidoscope). I mainly wanted a multi-effects to give me some mod capabilities, as it was replacing a Zoom MS-50g on my main board, with the zoom going on a new mini-board I had to create with all the new pedals I built recently!

The build went smoothly, but boxing it gave me a bit of grief... For starters, I made the hole for the LED lens a bit too large and I had to hot glue it inside. Secondly, I just realized the rotary switch needed a bigger hole after applying the decal and clear coat, but I was able to enlarge it without damaging the decal too much, and the washer hides it well. With all this manipulation, I managed to sever some (solid) wires from the main pcb to the foot switch pcb. I should’ve used stranded, but finally, I went with leads cutouts.
I also scratched the decal at the top while applying it, but as it was my last sheet, I went with it as is.

I made this « cheat card » with these self sealing laminating pouches I had at hand (I used them with my sons to make homemade bookmarks).
I’m pretty happy with my selection, and having the clock module really makes it more flexible IMHO.
The only caveat si that now, I’m wanting to get a programmer and delve into SpinCAD for more crazy effects (or maybe just build the FV-1 dev board).
41FD375E-BF44-4A48-9D5A-3ECFE19079C7.JPG 42E0C674-5805-4619-9730-A16D43B95D20.JPG IMG_5716.jpg IMG_5717.jpg

This is my take on the Arachnid platform, with the addition of the clock module.
I loaded it pretty straight forward with Chorus; Tremolo; Harmonic Tremolo; Ring Modulator; and Dual Pitch Shifter, + some DLY/REV (Hypernova Reverb; Digital Delay; Kaleidoscope). I mainly wanted a multi-effects to give me some mod capabilities, as it was replacing a Zoom MS-50g on my main board, with the zoom going on a new mini-board I had to create with all the new pedals I built recently!

The build went smoothly, but boxing it gave me a bit of grief... For starters, I made the hole for the LED lens a bit too large and I had to hot glue it inside. Secondly, I just realized the rotary switch needed a bigger hole after applying the decal and clear coat, but I was able to enlarge it without damaging the decal too much, and the washer hides it well. With all this manipulation, I managed to sever some (solid) wires from the main pcb to the foot switch pcb. I should’ve used stranded, but finally, I went with leads cutouts.
I also scratched the decal at the top while applying it, but as it was my last sheet, I went with it as is.

I made this « cheat card » with these self sealing laminating pouches I had at hand (I used them with my sons to make homemade bookmarks).
I’m pretty happy with my selection, and having the clock module really makes it more flexible IMHO.
The only caveat si that now, I’m wanting to get a programmer and delve into SpinCAD for more crazy effects (or maybe just build the FV-1 dev board).
View attachment 6355View attachment 6356View attachment 6353View attachment 6354
For the clock pot, did you just wire a LUG pot to the 3 spots for the trim pot on the clock PCB? Looks great! Can you bend a PCB pot to fit the pads?

For the clock pot, did you just wire a LUG pot to the 3 spots for the trim pot on the clock PCB? Looks great! Can you bend a PCB pot to fit the pads?
Yes, I wired a lug pot to the trim pot spots. Not sure a pcb pot would work, or that I would try it. And wires gives you more flexibility to place the clock module daughterboard (I used 3M double-sided tape to place and isolate it..

Cool that’s a great idea to be able to control the pot outside the enclosure to stretch up or down the delay times.

Back