Concentric A100K pots??

davio

In a neverending effort to cram more junk into smaller spaces, I'm trying to find a source of audio taper 100k concentric pots (not blend). I'm less concerned about terminal type, etc., as I'll happily bend, solder, heatshrink yada yada yada as long as I can find the right parts. I need 4 of them. Anybody have an idea where I can check? Google's leaving me high and dry...

It's a little baby pot! So cute... 😅 If a standard size isn't available I suppose I can try to make use of that. At the very least it should be fine for prototyping. Thanks!

Last edited:
Ohhhh... I'm not sure I'll find a use for the other 6 but it might be worth it anyway. Plus it may get the creative juices flowing...

Ohhhh... I'm not sure I'll find a use for the other 6 but it might be worth it anyway. Plus it may get the creative juices flowing...
Yep, that was my rationale for buying a dozen dual reverse audio taper pots from them a while back. I needed long bushes for mounting my "filter" preamp in a back routed bass and I reckon someone else will sooner or later too. Turnaround was about a month, it wasn't cheap but it also wasn't really prohibitively expensive for me either.

Without navigating the sales process prematurely, can you give me a ballpark of what a dozen might cost?

Without navigating the sales process prematurely, can you give me a ballpark of what a dozen might cost?
I think mine (dual wafers on one shaft) ran me about $125-$130 including pretty fast Royal Post shipping. A few months later I did an order for a different spec for a customer for similar money too, but he bought more and the shipping per unit came down a little. In both cases I specified the high rotation torque option, which gives a very nice feel.

IIRC the shaft dimension options (they call it a "spindle") are a little goofy for their concentrics, but it's been a while since I looked at them. Submitting a spec for quote via the online configurator worked well for me both times, FWIW. Now that they know I'm not just a tire kicker they tend to get back to me pretty quickly too. ;)

I tend to buy pots with PC pins and make my own breakout boards for them. Lets me rework or reuse pots without herking the fixing swages on the wafers.

Back