AionFX Viridian (BJFE Little Green Wonder)

I generally don't do it myself, but we really should be floating pots anyway... More distance between the PCB and pots means less chance of noise, parasitic oscillation, etc ... (and no need for an insulator!)

I've rarely seen dust caps, pot condoms, or any form of insulator in a mass-produced pedal. Toggle switches also set the PCB height slightly higher than a standard 16mm pot unless you remove the inner nut.

Leveling the PCB is a minor one time inconvenience.... a wonky control layout is forever. :ROFLMAO:

As far as the castellated dual-gang pot pads are concerned, they're cool and everything, but it forces you to put all of your dual gang pots along the edge of the PCB (unless you do something crazy like a big cutout in the middle of the board). That sort of constraint doesn't always lend itself to the most logical control layout.

This also forces you to route the traces from the individual gangs on top of each other. Probably not an issue 99% of the time, especially considering how a dual potentiometer is constructed, but sometimes the more optimal path of exit is upwards away from the upper gang, not down between the lugs of the lower gang.

View attachment 45946

Like any layout technique, it's a good trick to have in your arsenal, but not something I would personally use regularly.

*This is, of course, entirely my opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt... I apparently like to unnecessarily route caps to ground as well.
I always say, that Robbie, he is SO well grounded.

Back