Conquerer Fuzz - Anyone have a list of all replacements for L1?

Meelow

Hi! I recently bought and started building a Conquerer Fuzz before I realized I don’t have a 500mH Fasel inductor.

These seem hard to come by, also, I’ve seen in another thread that @Robert said the the board has been updated to use a variety of inductors, including the TM013-R.

After combing the forum I found a few other posts where people have used 5 100mH inductors, or a 42tl013, as well as other inductors or transformers.

I’m wondering is there is a full list of usuable inductors/transformers/other components available anywhere, or if this can be posted on this thread, so that this info can be centralized and help future n00bs like myself.

I’ve often seen @Chuck D. Bones in these threads, Chuck I want to say thanks, nice to meet you, would be glad and appreciate it if you have any input.

Edit - I’ll update the list below from people’s comments to keep everything together.

Me-6 / Mammoth/StompBox Out of Stock as of 5.6.2024 (thanks @Harry Klippton)

Small Bear - 470mh Wilco axial-lead inductor, also carries Dunlop wah inductor (thanks @jwin615 )

42TM013 Transformer / Banzai / Mouser (thanks @Synchrony Pedalworks @jwin615 )

Last edited:
The inductance I found for the TM013 is 500mH (Das Musikding). I also looked at Mousers data sheet for the part and it was missing from there. I read there is a calculation you can do to find a transformers inductance, N1/N2 = V1/V2.

As for the EI-14 - I think this is a case of amateur hour being a hour ago and you saw me there.

Looking into it again, I found the inductance listed as 240mH (+/- 20%) for the EI:14.

I’m glad you called this out and had me revisit this. was a misstep in my logic. I think in my head, I saw 600:600 Transformer replacing a 500mH Fasel Inductor, without remembering that they aren’t the same type of component, they do different things and that those numbers are likely not referring to the same thing.
I’m a bit rusty on transformers but iirc you are referring to the inductance ratio, i.e., the ratio of primary to secondary inductance which according to the internet is the square of the voltage ratio. But that doesn’t give you the actual inductance value?

Edit: I had seen that Musikding page but I don’t know where they got that number. It’s nowhere to be found in the data sheet.

I’m a bit rusty on transformers but iirc you are referring to the inductance ratio, i.e., the ratio of primary to secondary inductance which according to the internet is the square of the voltage ratio. But that doesn’t give you the actual inductance value?

Edit: I had seen that Musikding page but I don’t know where they got that number. It’s nowhere to be found in the data sheet.
I’m not well versed on it either, I’m going to take that part out of my comment so I’m not spreading bs.

Maybe they were able to calculate for it?

Maybe. Or measure it. Or they are spreading BS themselves :)
Measure it 🤦 such a simple conclusion that it was too out of my league to think of.

Unfortunately I don’t have any TM013’s to measure the inductance.

I. I could measure the EI-14 but the data sheet for that one does have the inductance listed.

Measure it 🤦 such a simple conclusion that it was too out of my league to think of.

Unfortunately I don’t have any TM013’s to measure the inductance.

I. I could measure the EI-14 but the data sheet for that one does have the inductance listed.
Which data sheet are you looking at for the EI14? The one I saw didn’t have the inductance on it. Also afaiu it’s not easy to measure inductance. Or at least I’m not well equipped to do it.

Which data sheet are you looking at for the EI14? The one I saw didn’t have the inductance on it. Also afaiu it’s not easy to measure inductance. Or at least I’m not well equipped to do it.
Apologies, thought I had it hyperlinked in my previous post.

This is the specific one I got that info from, but have also seen others

https://www.sunrom.com/download/522.pdf

What data sheet did you find?

Here are a couple others, it’d be nice to know if they have the same inductance listed via “Trust, but verify” or “Trust, but don’t bother verifying”. I could add more to this list as I’m sure there’s other companies that have data sheets for this, but I have yet to see anything other rating for the inductance of this transformer.

https://www.spcoast.com/versions/MRCS-ATSN/EI14-Isolation-Transformer.pdf

Last edited:
Apologies, thought I had it hyperlinked in my previous post.

This is the specific one I got that info from, but have also seen others

https://www.sunrom.com/download/522.pdf

What data sheet did you find?

Here are a couple others, it’d be nice to know if they have the same inductance listed via “Trust, but verify” or “Trust, but don’t bother verifying”. I could add more to this list as I’m sure there’s other companies that have data sheets for this, but I have yet to see anything other rating for the inductance of this transformer.
https://www.spcoast.com/versions/MR...d-transformers/audio-transformer-ei14-600:600
https://www.spcoast.com/versions/MRCS-ATSN/EI14-Isolation-Transformer.pdf

Thanks for the links, though the middle one didn't seem to work.

Thanks for the links, though the middle one didn't seem to work.
I see what happened - I combined the two websites. I’ve fixed that error in the comment, but here’s that second link again.

Back