Conquerer Fuzz - Anyone have a list of all replacements for L1?

Meelow

Hi! I recently bought and started building a Conquerer Fuzz before I realized I don’t have a 500mH Fasel inductor.

These seem hard to come by, also, I’ve seen in another thread that @Robert said the the board has been updated to use a variety of inductors, including the TM013-R.

After combing the forum I found a few other posts where people have used 5 100mH inductors, or a 42tl013, as well as other inductors or transformers.

I’m wondering is there is a full list of usuable inductors/transformers/other components available anywhere, or if this can be posted on this thread, so that this info can be centralized and help future n00bs like myself.

I’ve often seen @Chuck D. Bones in these threads, Chuck I want to say thanks, nice to meet you, would be glad and appreciate it if you have any input.

Edit - I’ll update the list below from people’s comments to keep everything together.

Me-6 / Mammoth/StompBox Out of Stock as of 5.6.2024 (thanks @Harry Klippton)

Small Bear - 470mh Wilco axial-lead inductor, also carries Dunlop wah inductor (thanks @jwin615 )

42TM013 Transformer / Banzai / Mouser (thanks @Synchrony Pedalworks @jwin615 )

Last edited:
I used this one and I quite like it
STP is out of stock for this one. I was shopping for one too.

Amplified Parts, Amazon, and Small Bear/SynthCube all sell Dunlop inductors, but they are more more expensive that the one suggested above.

I used this one and I quite like it

Thanks! This is another one I saw mentioned. Unfortunately, as other people have commented, it’s out of stock.

Perhaps it’d be a good idea to update the original post with suggestions like this.

Last edited:
With the SBP inductor having a mammoth part number, I wonder if it's EOL.
Banzai has several options, as does Small Bear.
Good call, I do see that small bear has a Wilco 470mh axial-lead inductor for $10.50. Any reason not to use this? I’ve seen in other threads that going above 500mh shouldn’t be an issue, not sure if being short by 30mh would be an issue.

Also looks like they carry the Dunlop Fasel for $21 (which I’ve seen for cheaper) but also they have wah inductor kits but copper wire sold separately.

According to several threads, you can also use a transformer for similar performance. Robert suggested a 42TM013 transformer.

I’ve seen this in other threads as well, but was reluctant to include it because I’ve also seen @Chuck D. Bones say that using this will cause the pedal to drop the input by an octave.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't really a troubleshooting problem, right?

You definitely do not need a high-Q wah inductor in this circuit.
Good call, I do see that small bear has a Wilco 470mh axial-lead inductor for $10.50. Any reason not to use this? I’ve seen in other threads that going above 500mh shouldn’t be an issue, not sure if being short by 30mh would be an issue.
That should work. Don't worry about the inductance being off by 30mH. The wah inductors usually have a pretty loose tolerance. ±20% is not uncommon. The transformers have a HUGE inductance tolerance, so you roll the dice and take your chances with those.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't really a troubleshooting problem, right?

You definitely do not need a high-Q wah inductor in this circuit.

That should work. Don't worry about the inductance being off by 30mH. The wah inductors usually have a pretty loose tolerance. ±20% is not uncommon. The transformers have a HUGE inductance tolerance, so you roll the dice and take your chances with those.
Hi Chuck! Thank you for this info. Glad to have a response from you.

This is not a troubleshooting problem, more of an attempt to compile a full list of components that can be placed in the L1 position with any information on how tone would be affected. For example, I saw in another post you mentioned that using the TM013 would lower the tone by an octave.

This is my first PCB build so I wanted to go as cheap as possible, but I do want this to sound accurate and of course, sound good.

I ended up springing for the EI-14 audio transformer. They’re about 50 cents to a few dollars depending on where you order them from. Tinkersphere has them on the cheaper side.

However, since this part is rated at 600mh, and it is a transformer, would there be any issue? I couldn’t find a reason why it would in my research.

I imagine all transformers are rigged up the same way, so for this would I be correct in using the same instructions for connecting it to the board as the tm013?

Thank you!

These do seem to be the ideal part, but at about $20 and as this is my first PCB build I’m going to try to save some money and use an EI-14.

Would be nice to hear a side by side comparison of the Dunlop inductors versus transformers.

Hi Chuck! Thank you for this info. Glad to have a response from you.

This is not a troubleshooting problem, more of an attempt to compile a full list of components that can be placed in the L1 position with any information on how tone would be affected. For example, I saw in another post you mentioned that using the TM013 would lower the tone by an octave.

This is my first PCB build so I wanted to go as cheap as possible, but I do want this to sound accurate and of course, sound good.

I ended up springing for the EI-14 audio transformer. They’re about 50 cents to a few dollars depending on where you order them from. Tinkersphere has them on the cheaper side.

However, since this part is rated at 600mh, and it is a transformer, would there be any issue? I couldn’t find a reason why it would in my research.

I imagine all transformers are rigged up the same way, so for this would I be correct in using the same instructions for connecting it to the board as the tm013?
Where do you see the inductance being 600mH for this one? The data sheet I found didn’t have that information. Same for the TM013. I built a conqueror a while ago with it and I don’t think the resonance is correct (just based on my ears).

Where do you see the inductance being 600mH for this one? The data sheet I found didn’t have that information. Same for the TM013. I built a conqueror a while ago with it and I don’t think the resonance is correct (just based on my ears).
The inductance I found for the TM013 is 500mH (Das Musikding). I also looked at Mousers data sheet for the part and it was missing from there. I read there is a calculation you can do to find a transformers inductance.

As for the EI-14 - I think this is a case of amateur hour being a hour ago and you saw me there.

Looking into it again, I found the inductance listed as 240mH (+/- 20%) for the EI:14.

I’m glad you called this out and had me revisit this. was a misstep in my logic. I think in my head, I saw 600:600 Transformer replacing a 500mH Fasel Inductor, without remembering that they aren’t the same type of component, they do different things and that those numbers are likely not referring to the same thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom