Conqueror Fuzz mishap

SYLV9ST9R

Was too eager to finish this one (should've waited and not worked late night), and I put the wrong cap and pulled the pad of the positive lead of C16.
Would I be good if I connect the positive lead to this point of R17 ?

Capture d’écran 2022-11-15 à 23.44.31.png Capture d’écran 2022-11-15 à 23.48.54.png

The solution is better than that. There are a bunch of parts on the Conqueror that do nothing. Q7 is wired to be always on. Forget about the broken pads or traces around C16, just put a jumper from Q7-E to Q7-C and you're good. The only reason Robert put those parts on the PedalPCB board is because Jext Telez put them in their pedal.

These parts do nothing because Q3 & Q7 are hardwired to be on all of the time: Q3, R10, R12, C7, R13, Q6, Q7, R17-R19 & C16. If you ever build another one of these, leave all of those parts out and jumper Q3-E to Q3-C and jumper R13.

The solution is better than that. There are a bunch of parts on the Conqueror that do nothing. Q7 is wired to be always on. Forget about the broken pads or traces around C16, just put a jumper from Q7-E to Q7-C and you're good. The only reason Robert put those parts on the PedalPCB board is because Jext Telez put them in their pedal.

These parts do nothing because Q3 & Q7 are hardwired to be on all of the time: Q3, R10, R12, C7, R13, Q6, Q7, R17-R19 & C16. If you ever build another one of these, leave all of those parts out and jumper Q3-E to Q3-C and jumper R13.
A big thanks @Chuck D. Bones , and for the explanation of those superfluous parts.
A good news this morning. The bad, first few inches of snow so I'll have to shovel a bit...

Back