Cosmic Rift Deluxe Flanger

dan.schumaker

Longtime lurker here, first time build reporter. I saw in the request thread a while ago people asking about a Flanger in a 125B enclosure with Mix and Volume controls... and here is my take on it. The bones of it are Electric Mistress based, running off of a V3207 chip. The mix is a pretty standard all-dry to all-wet mix. It does work pretty well to take the flanger to all wet and dialing the mix back just a hair to have it sit in the background a little more. The volume also works well to avoid any signal drop when it is engaged. There isn't a huge boost in the wet signal, but just enough to not have a volume drop.

I had to go with SMD on most of the chips to get this to fit in a 125B. The only through-hole IC's are the V3207 and the PIC for my soft-switching. This was a pretty fun puzzle to put together and cram into a board that will fit in a 125B. The enclosure is a black powdercoated box with laser etched graphics. I've built a version of this in a 1590A, and this one sounds just as good as the mini guy. All in all, a pretty fun flanger to play around with!
20210914_210611.jpg

20210914_210615.jpg

Back